Welcome to Camel Camper Trailers
100% Genuine Australian Made Camper Trailers Manufactured In-House
Camel Camper Trailers started manufacturing off road and on road camper trailers in 1998 and seventeen years and thousands of delighted customers later we have evolved our camper trailers to be the best in the business!
Our philosophy has been and continues to be simple – to design, manufacture and sell genuine Australian made high quality camper trailers to the Australian market. Our camper trailers are built by Australians, for Australians, for Australian conditions. We have developed an unmatched reputation for quality, reliability and value for money precisely because of our experience and success in building and delivering camper trailers all over Australia for all types of conditions.
What sets us apart from most is that we are one of the few camper trailer manufacturers that handle every aspect of manufacture in-house. From the first cut of sheet metal on your trailer to the final stitch on your tent, every aspect of manufacture is controlled under one roof in our factory in Brisbane by a team of dedicated and experienced professionals with a passion for what they do.
Whether you're a first time camper or a seasoned outdoor enthusiast, we can tailor a camper trailer package to suit both your needs and your budget.
So join the Camel Train today with a great Australian camper trailer from Camel Camper Trailers!
The Camel Camper Trailer Difference
It may be unfashionable, but here at Camel Camper Trailers our business is our passion – to design and manufacture quality Australian made camper trailers that lead the market in price and performance matching the quality of our products with a great customer sales and service experience.
• Every aspect of our camper trailer manufacture is controlled and quality certified by our manufacturing process
• We only use quality components from local suppliers
• All of our camper trailers come with a standard set of features including kitchens, water tanks and toolboxes that others charge as extras
• All of our camper trailers come standard with safety features like electric brakes, hand brakes, double safety chains and side lights that others charge as extras
• Because we take responsibility for every aspect of our camper trailers, we offer an industry leading five year warranty across our entire range of camper trailers
• As we sell direct to market from our factory or through industry trade shows across Australia we offer the best pricing in the business
Our Production Capability
Many of our competitors either import their products and assemble locally, or outsource major aspects of their production to sub-contractors. Here at Camel Camper Trailers we are a true manufacturing company:
• We fabricate our camper trailers using high quality, high spec structural steel and sheet metal
• We exclusively use high quality Alko components for our hubs, brakes, suspension, stabilizer legs and trailer hitches
• We fabricate our own stainless steel kitchens with integrated cook top components from SMEV
• We have our own paint spray booth - our camper trailers are all painted onsite at our factory in Brisbane
• We make our own tents and annexes using quality Australian canvas from wax converters which means we can tailor our tents to your particular requirements
• And we have an expert team of fit-out and QA staff to complete our campers to exacting specification
The Camel Camper Trailer Product Range
When you have been in the business as long as Camel Campers, and built thousands of quality camper trailers over the years, you develop a keen appreciation of what works for customers, what their needs are and what works out there in Australian conditions in an on and off road situation.
We start with a set of basic features that we believe all camper trailers should have, whatever the budget and type of use. As a matter of course we include all-weather seals, stainless steel kitchens, water tanks, and annexe awnings on all our camper trailers.
All of our camper trailers, whatever the use, also come with a set of standard safety features including electric brakes, handbrakes, dual safety chains, and side lights.
And whether you are buying an entry level budget camper trailer or a premium expedition grade product, all of our camper trailers come with an industry leading 5 year warranty.
All of our camper trailers follow the same basic manufacturing philosophy from our entry level on road and light off roaders through to our Bushman Extreme:
• Our drawbar/chassis frames are all of a full length monocoque construction using high spec Duragal steel to ensure structural strength and durability
• We use quality seals on our tailgates, bed decks, access hatches and toolboxes to offer maximum protection against the elements
• For our running gear we use only quality AL-KO components across our range
• Our standard tents are simple to erect, made from quality Wax Converters Textiles Dynaproofed canvas and come in a generous basic size of 3.05 metres by 2.6 metres (10’ by 8 ½’)
For those customers who are looking for a camper trailer they can tow with a lighter style off road vehicle or family sedan, and who are not intending to use their camper trailer for heavy duty off road use, we offer the Nomad range for light off road and on road use. Our Nomad camper trailers are still capable of handling dirt tracks and beach camping but are targeted primarily at general purpose family style camping.
For the off road enthusiast who wants to be able to get seriously off road, we offer the Beachcomber range of off road camper trailers – tried and true and refined over the years to offer a complete off road solution that will match your budget.
The Flagship product in our range is the Bushman Extreme – an expedition grade heavy duty off road camper trailer jam packed with premium features and options – this camper trailer has it all!